In order to promote innovation I think we should ...

Help organisations in the ageing field adopt social technology

One of the main challenges to emerge from the exploration is that many organisations supporting older people are limited in their understanding and adoption of social technology - and so find it difficult engage with digital innovation. Who could offer support? Would some key organisations - and individuals - get together and take a lead?

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David WilcoxAdminDavid Wilcox (Socialreporter, Ageing Better Innovation) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John PerkinsJohn Perkins commented  · 

To my mind this is down to the tech design firms (the likes of Microsoft, Apple etc) who need to engage more effectively with older people. We know the cohort of willing volunteers is out there, but if hardware companies focus on what is perceived to be a more "exciting" market (e.g. the Millennials) then older people will continue to be excluded.

• Paul WebsterPaul Webster commented  · 

I'd add to this from our experience at Lasa that more strategic understanding by managers / trustees of the back office hardware & software they need to run their organisations is needed. We are told by care home managers that that they 'look after people not technology' so don't prioritise investment or capacity in tech.

Feedback and Knowledge Base